At Assurex The Data Analyst I is responsible for the analysis of patient data in accordance with laboratory processes, in a high throughput environment. The Data Analyst I must demonstrate competency, as defined in the department's training program, prior to performing independent work. This position will work with department management and quality team members to ensure that data analysis activities are defined, documented and completed to support inspection readiness and that compliance is maintained through procedures, training, documentation and continuous improvement projects.
Each employee's specific job responsibilities are uniquely defined by their individual training plan and assigned duties, but are generally defined as follows
- Complying with the laboratory's technical, administrative and safety policies and procedures.
- Participating in the laboratory's quality assurance plan, adhering to quality control and preventive maintenance policies and appropriately documenting these activities.
- Following the laboratory's policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within acceptable limits and documenting the problem and any corrective action.
- Troubleshooting and identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and/or reporting of test results by initiating corrective action and using the defined electronic system to make the required management notification.
- Performing proficiency testing in the same manner as routine samples.
- Actively participating in successful and timely completion of training and competency assessment as outlined in the laboratory and departmental training programs.
- Where competency has not been approved by supervision, will work under the direct supervision of an employee competent on the task.
- Participating in continuing education according to accepted laboratory standards.
- Participates in department and cross functional teams to resolve problems or implement projects.
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively under tight timelines and schedules
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member
- Ability to sense the importance or impact of issues and situations and take appropriate actions
- Must be flexible, innovative, and self-motivated
- Must have the flexibility to work extra hours to meet corporate and departmental goals
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree in a biological, chemical, or clinical laboratory science with 5 years of laboratory experience including 1 year in high-complexity clinical laboratory within genetics or molecular diagnostics subspecialty, or
- Master's degree in a biological, chemical, or clinical laboratory science with 3 years of laboratory experience including 1 year in high-complexity clinical laboratory within genetics or molecular diagnostics subspecialty, or
- Licensed physician or PhD in a biological, chemical, or clinical laboratory science.
At Assurex The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.