Cannabis Therapy developing anti-inflammatory treatments
- Cannabinoid-derived products have potential application for the treatment of certain inflammatory and auto-immune diseases.
- According to Cannabis Therapy Corp., the estimated market size for cannabis will be $8.9 billion by 2016.
- The first step for the company’s latest efforts are development of a hemp-extract profiling platform.
Cannabis Therapy has amassed a large body of evidence to support a broad range of medicinal benefits associated with cannabis extracts and products, including anti-inflammatory properties. During this stage of development, lab-based procedures will rely on the use of different cell-based assays designed to mimic key inflammatory processes.
Cannabis Therapy Corp. president & CEO Dr. Soren Mogelsvang said, "Inflammation plays a significant role in a multitude of diseases and hemp-based, anti-inflammatory products could potentially have widespread application in indications such as inflammatory bowel disease, arthritis and psoriasis," said Dr. Soren Mogelsvang, Cannabis Therapy's president and CEO.
- Pharmaceutical Business Review Cannabis Therapy starts research to support development of Hemp-based anti-inflammatory products
- Cannabis Therapy Web site CTC-Cannabis Therapy Corp.